24 Hour Donut City
Over the weekend ForYourArt held a Around the Clock: 24 Hour Donut City across the street from LACMA. This is an event, not a restaurant! To be honest, I went for the donuts. So, every two hours, they will bring out free donuts from a different vendor– for 24 hours.
Wonderful. Feels like a challenge. Challenge acc…. ha, yeah right! No way I’m going to try to eat a donut every two hours for 24 hours! I only tried the first two sets, the strawberry donut from The Donut Man and the tres leches donut from Umamicatessen.
Ha, anyway, here’s what was available throughout the 24 hours:
- The Donut Man - Strawberry Donut
- UMAMIcatessen - Tres Leches Donut
- The Donut Hole - Glazed Coconut Donut
- Bob’s Coffee and Doughnuts - Plain Donut
- Daily Donut - Classic Glazed
- SK’s Donuts and Croissant - Blueberry Cake Donut
- Randy’s Donuts - Apple Fritter
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts - Glazed Donut
- Blinkie’s Donut Emporium - Sprinkles Donut
- Fonuts - Strawberry Buttermilk Donut
- Nickel Diner - Bacon Maple Donut
- Stan’s Donuts - Chocolate Custard Puff
Strawberry donut from The Donut Man. I debated whether or not to bring it to my face, or bring my face to the donut.
Glazed donut from Krispy Kreme
Tres Leches donut from Umamicatessen
Wow this donut was super rich and heavy. Delicious though. I can’t imagine eating more than one.